Sesame Chicken for Slow Cooker
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly spray a cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Place the asparagus and mushrooms in a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then season with rosemary, salt, and pepper; toss well. Lay the asparagus and mushrooms out on the prepared pan in an even layer. Roast in the preheated oven until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and saute garlic about 1 minute. Mix in chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced by about 1/2.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste